A Day in the Life... a Designer! August 01 2014
Any artist will tell you there's ups and downs. One night I'll have 15 jobs with the deadline of tomorrow and no printer ink at 3AM, and another I'll be lying on the couch drawing my initials over and over wondering if my next paycheck will have any more than 2 digits. But my daily life consists of a rather fun place to work!
1. Wake up. Tea. Dress!
2. Discuss designs and apparel client's would like to print. From the beginning of my day to the end, I'm thinking about sports, party, business and fashion logos.
3. Choose apparel. Getting the right company with the perfect textures, colors and look a client wants has been a big trial and error part of the job. I love getting to use new colors!
4. Choose media. One of my favorite parts of designing for apparel is being creative with all of the different methods of getting a logo to look it's best. Ink, embroidery, foil, glitter, rhinestones, studs, neons, so many to work with!
5. See the end result. For the prints we sell in store I get to see which designs sell best first hand.
6. And of course, the retail! Putting together outfits, designing visual displays, taking photos, updating the website and social media...
Work...What is work again??
Check out all of our designs at hipstersnorthport.com
And at the end of a good day, there's a show to be seen! Heading out to Nikon Jones Beach Theater tonight - stay tuned for a #tunesdaytuesday soon!